Adedamola Adefolahan (born 5 February 1996), known professionally as Fireboy DML, is a Nigerian singer. He is signed to YBNL Nation, a record label founded by Nigerian rapper Olamide. His debut studio album Laughter, Tears and Goosebumps was released in 2019. He won Listener’s Choice and was nominated for Song of the Year for “Jealous” at the 2020 Soundcity MVP Awards Festival.
TEN FACT ABOUT FIREBOY DML
Ten facts you probably don’t know about Fireboy DML
1) He was born to a family of 5 and three boys which he is the firstborn. Grew up in Abeokuta & studied English language in OAU.
2)He got to University at the age of 15 & was a first class student until he started making music. He was also a Library prefect in secondary school.
3) Olamide signed him to YBNL days after singing this song on Cool FM Aux sessions.
4) He has written songs for Tiwa Savage, Sam Smith, Wizkid, Olamide, etc
5) Debut album, LTG was recorded in 5 days at Oriental Hotel while Apollo was recorded in 2 – 3 weeks.
6) the song ‘Remember me’ is a song that was inspired by a poem. The style of the writing. The first verse was inspired by a poem by Sir Walter Raleigh, Soul’s Errand.
7) He listened to Celine Dion, Yinka Ayefele, Tope Alabi, Elton John a lot. They helped him discover music. He also said Jon Bellion ‘s ‘Sacrifice’ is the greatest song ever made.
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]
Fireboy DML used to pay & beg to be featured on music shows. He decided to turn his attention to write and sell his songs to other artists . He however regrets selling some of those songs right now.
9)Fireboy DML music is a hybrid of passenger, Jon bellion & Wande coal music
His favorite Wande Coal songs are somiso & super woman.
10) Fireboy DML had 6K followers on Instagram before he joined YBNL. At the night of his signing, he got to 22K followers.